The 15-24 Learner Journey Review in Scotland – Final Report
The Scotish Government last week released the final report into the review of the 15-24 Learner Journey.
The 15 to 24 Learner Journey Review was set up in 2016 to consider the journey from the senior years of school leading to employment, including further and higher education, vocational training and apprenticeships.
It focused on five key areas:
- Improving information, advice and application processes
- Improving understanding and connectivity of the careers service in colleges and universities
- Improving the ease and equity with which young people can apply to college
- Improving the design, alignment and coherence of the 15 to 24 learner journey and the ease with which all young people move through learning, regardless of where they are studying
- Reviewing funding across the education and training system with a view to removing unnecessary duplication