The Career Industry Council of Australia has examined program proposals put forward by the universities and training providers as detailed below for the specific courses as listed.
In endorsing these programs the Career Industry Council of Australia has requested that each university and training provider work cooperatively with the CICA Endorsement Committee to enhance and further embed the core competency framework of the Professional Standards for Australian Career Development Practitioners within their programs.
CICA commends the universities and training providers for their contribution to improving the quality of career services in Australia by conducting programs that meet the Professional Standards for Australian Career Development Practitioners. This endorsement is for a period of three years for the Graduate Certificate or higher and two years for the Certificate IV in Career Development.
- Graduate Certificate in Education (Career Development and Counselling)
- Graduate Certificate in Education (Career Development) Currently in teach out mode
- Master of Education (Career Development) Currently in teach out mode
- Master of Education (School Guidance and Counselling) Currently in teach out mode
- Master of Education (Career Development and Counselling Specialisation) Endorsed until September 2023
- Graduate Certificate of Education (Career Development)
- Master of Education (Career Development)
- Graduate Certificate of Career Development
- Graduate Certificate in Careers Education and Development
- Graduate Diploma in Career Education and Development Endorsed until December 2020
- Graduate Certificate in Career Development Practice - September 2023
- Certificate IV in Career Development - October 2022
- Graduate Certificate in Career Development Practice
- Graduate Certificate of Education (GCEF) Career Development
- Specialist Diploma in Career Counselling
Professional Career Development Practitioners may hold qualifications at the Post Graduate level from Universities who have previously had programs endorsed but are no longer running. They may also have completed qualifications prior to the implementation of the Professional Standards for Australian Career Development Practitioners and CICA Program Endorsement.
Please contact the CICA Executive Director should you require any further clarification.
Application for Endorsement
CICA has developed Qualification Endorsement Policies and Procedures, and established a Qualification Endorsement Committee.
Higher education and training providers may apply to CICA for endorsement of the courses they deliver. Universities and Registered Training Organisations seeking endorsement are required to submit material relevant to their courses to CICA. Only courses endorsed by CICA will meet the Professional Standards.
The endorsement committee meets as required to assess applications received. Application fees for course endorsement and re-endorsement have recently been reviewed and have been set as at 1 July 2018.
Graduate Certificate or Higher
1st Qualification $8250, Additional Qualifications $3300 ex GST
1st Qualification $5500, Additional Qualifications $3300 ex GST
Certificate IV in Career Development
$6600 ex GST
$4400 ex GST