The Career Industry Council of Australia has examined program proposals put forward by the higher education providers as detailed below for the specific courses as listed.
In endorsing these programs the Career Industry Council of Australia has requested that each higher education provider work cooperatively with the CICA Endorsement Committee to enhance and further embed the standards within these programs.
CICA commends these higher education providers for their contribution to improving the quality of career services in Australia by conducting programs that meet the professional standards for Australian career development practitioners.
The endorsement and/or re-endorsement is for a period of three years.
The programs listed below have been endorsed and meet the Professional Standards for Australian Career Practitioners.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education
- Master of Education
- Master of Career Development
- Graduate Certificate in Education (Career Development)
- Master of Education (Career Development specialization)
- Graduate Certificate of Career Development
- Postgraduate Certificate in Educational Studies (Career Development)
- Graduate Diploma in Educational Studies (Career Development)
- Master of Educational Studies (Career Development)
- Graduate Certificate in Career Education and Development
- Graduate Diploma in Career Education and Development
- Postgraduate Certificate in Career Development
- Graduate Diploma in Career Development
- Graduate Certificate in Career Development
- Certificate IV in Career Development - Endorsed until October 2018
- Graduate Certificate in Education Studies (Careers and Transition Specialisation)
- Graduate Certificate of Education (GCEF) Career Development Specialisation
- Graduate Diploma of Education (GDEF) Career Development Specialisation
- Master of Education (MEDF) Career Development Specialisation
- A number of previously endorsed programs are currently in teach out mode. Please check with USQ for endorsement status.
Application for Endorsement
CICA has developed Qualification Endorsement Policies and Procedures, and established a Qualification Endorsement Committee.
Higher education and training providers may apply to CICA for endorsement of the courses they deliver.
Universities and Registered Training Organisations seeking endorsement are required to submit material relevant to their courses to CICA.
Only courses endorsed by CICA will meet the Professional Standards. The endorsement committee meets as required to assess applications received.
Application fees for course endorsement and re-endorsement have recently been reviewed and have been set as at 1 February 2014.
Graduate Certificate or Higher
1st Qualification $7500, Additional Qualifications $3000 ex GST
1st Qualification $5000, Additional Qualifications $3000 ex GST
Certificate IV in Career Development
$6000 ex GST
$4000 ex GST