The Australian workforce of the future will need to be larger, more flexible, and more highly skilled and qualified in order to maintain our economic growth and prosperity.
“Benchmarking” as an efficiency tool is based on the principle of measuring the performance of a service against a standard, whether absolute or relative to industry standards. It can be used to:
- assess performance objectively;
- expose and highlight areas where performance is working well;
- expose and highlight areas where improvement is needed;
- identify other organisations with processes resulting in superior performance, with a view to their adoption;
- test whether improvement programs have been successful.
This resource has been developed for principals and leadership teams of schools to help them get the best value and outcomes from their career development services. The resource describes the features of a contemporary school-based career development service and sets out progressive performance benchmarks that enable schools to review their service delivery.
Schools can use this resource repeatedly as a quality improvement tool, to stimulate thinking about the aims of their career development service, how to achieve these aims, and how to continue to meet the changing career development needs of students within a rapidly changing world of work.
Do you want your School Career Development Program endorsed by CICA? Talk to us today about how!