LMIP update 11 May 2020
The Labour Market Information Portal has been updated with a range of new data and research insights, including information relating to the labour market impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic.
*Reminder* COVID-19 information has been moved from the Special Topics Reports page to a new COVID-19 Information channel, which contains all the latest information and insights, categorised into two sections: Research and Insights & Advice and Support for Job Seekers. Recent updates to this channel include:
Jobs in Demand Employer Survey Results (1 May)
- This is a new employer survey to identify where job opportunities continue to exist in the Australian labour market despite the economic downturn caused by COVID-19. Information available includes which jobs are in demand and what qualifications, skills and experience employers are seeking in these roles. Key findings from this survey will be published on a weekly basis.
COVID-19 Impacts on Businesses and Recruitment Survey Results (1 May)
- Information available includes staffing changes, business impacts, actions taken by businesses in response to the pandemic, and future expectations. Key findings from this survey will be published on a weekly basis.
Finding Work in the Australian Jobs Market Factsheet
- This factsheet for job seekers provides advice and tips on finding employment based on the department’s Vacancy Report and Survey of Employers’ Recruitment Insights. Key insights for job seekers includes: updates on jobs and sectors in demand, where to find job opportunities, understanding your transferrable skills and tips to help apply for jobs online.
Career Quiz and How to Explore Careers that Interest You
- The Job Outlook Career Quiz helps you understand your work preferences and explore career options that suit what you like to do. The Career Quiz is quick and easy to complete and can show you a range of careers you may not have previously considered, but will likely interest you. A new lesson plan is now available that shows you how to make the most of the useful career information on Job Outlook, where you can discover more than 1000 occupations, including their job tasks, required skills, pathways into or between jobs, future prospects, and pay.
Other Key Releases
April 2020 jobactive and Transition to Work Provider (TTW) caseloads data
- This data file allows users to view the jobactive and Transition to Work caseloads by provider and site for selected cohorts.